Yes, Jonilar.net is back with something more exciting for readers, travelers both locals and foreigners who have plans of touring some of the amazing destinations in the West African country.
In the past, the search of quick information has always been a huge task but with the coming of social media and mobile applications now, you can get almost everything at the snipe of your fingers.
Here are some of them you should consider using anytime you plan to embark on that dream trip to be convenient for you. You can also recommend to friends.
NB: For detailed assistance on how to use these Apps in Ghana, you can also contact Jonilar on WhatsApp +233246106248. Alternatively send an email to Jonilaronline@gmail.com
- Google Map & Ghana Post App: Don’t get lost in the city of Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi, Ho, Wa or any of the places you visit. Just turn on your location to be updated and also see some of the major landmarks you pass by. Google map is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, street maps, and 360° panoramic views of streets, real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle, or public transportation. The Ghana Post App is made for Ghana and gives you detailed information of all locations
- Uber : The uber transport network is not in all cities across the country but accessible in Accra, Kumasi and Takoradi in the western region. In my recent trip to Kumasi I used Uber price to compare other means of transport available since some people are good at taking advantage of ‘new faces’ to enrich themselves lol. Taxify is also gaining grounds, besides that, we also have the inter-city transit system locally referred to as ‘Trotro’ which is less expensive and also an opportunity for you to mingle with the ordinary Ghanaian.
- Aftwon music: Ghana is a great spot of good music and has over the years proved that globally by winning countless awards including the Grammys. Ghana has a huge influence on African music, the new wind of Afrobeat shooting worldwide originates from Ghana but made popular by Nigeria’s Fella Kuti and the rest. Anytime you visit Ghana, visit iOS or playstore to download Aftown music and stream great singles and albums from Stonebwoy, Sarkodie, Wiyaala, Celly Chordz, Shatta wale, Worlasi, Keeny Ice, Gallaxy, R2bees, Donzy, Epixode, eShun and other great musicians across the African continent. Downloading this mobile is very important because travelling without music in your ears is boring.
- Trip Advisor: Looking for a last minute hotel or an authentic place for dinner? The TripAdvisor app offers comprehensive hotel and restaurant listings for most African cities and larger towns. From the humblest guest house in Accra to the swankiest Cape Town restaurant, you can make your decision based on the unbiased firsthand reviews of other travelers. This is especially useful in Africa, where insider knowledge often equates to staying safe. The app’s map helps you to locate the nearest options, and also to orientate yourself when lost.
- Social media Apps: Join thousands of people across the world to share those amazing moments and places you captured in Ghana. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and don’t forget to use hashtags like #ExploreGhana #VisitGhana #TourGhana #Ghana.