This is not a typical production profile of Ghanaian musician and producer, Streetbeatz but rather a cool list of songs he produced. The Tema-based producer whose main appearance for many was in 2013 when he produced the remix version of Sarkodie’s ‘Adonai’ featuring Castro.
He has since been on top of his game as the master craft behind many hit songs that has also won countless awards both in Ghana and beyond.
Let me quickly run you through some of his works.
- Holiday by Streetbeatz featuring DunD and Timbo: It sounds very funny this song is number one on the list, yes, that is just to remind you that he sings too, ‘Holiday’ is actually his latest song featuring DunD and Timbo all based in the Uk.
2. Stonebwoy – Bawasaba: One of the biggest songs on Stonebwoy’s latest album, ‘Epistles of mama’ in honor of his late mum. From a distance, it is clear the two has a good working relationship and anytime they translate that into work, the impact is always positve.
3. R2bees – Plantain chips: In Ghana, R2bees is one of the most respected music groups with a bias fan base. They are not the regular hit song-chasing artiste. The group can go into hibernation for months and return with a jam. This year, Streetbeatz produced their new single, ‘Plantain chips’; one great song currently doing well on various charts across the country.
4. Crisswadle ft Stonebwoy – Biegya: Every Ghanaian music lovers knows two years ago,’Biegya’ by Crisswaddle featuring stonebwoy was talk of the town. Right from the studio, controversies, Shatta wale and Archipalago’s influence also helped in pushing the song very far. It also made it to some awards schemes that year. The almighty Streetbeatz together with other producers engineered the art.
5. Stonebwoy – Hero: Burniton Music Group Boss, Stonebwoy is back on the list with, ‘Hero’. A powerful song released just after his “Ashaiman to the World Concert” last year under Zylofon Music. ‘Hero’ is still one of Stonebwoy’s biggest single at the moment with more than One million views on Youtube.
6. Edem ft Akwaboah – Zero to Hero: Let me take you back to 2015 when Streetbeatz produced ‘Zero to Hero’ for Edem featuring Ghanaian Highlife musician, Akwaboah;One of the songs on his ‘Books and Rhymes’ album.
7. Keche ft Bisa KDei – Diabetes: When my mentor, George Britton started managing music group, Keche producer Streetbeatz did their widely accepted Afropop song, ’Diabetes’. You definitely have to check that song and video out. I remember in an interview, he said the liquid in the bathtub was Yogurt. Guys, the group is rich!
8. Akwaboah ft Sarkodie – Obiba: For the team at Sarkcess music to allow you produce a song for an album means you are genius. Check this out; Streetbeatz produced ‘Obiba’;the second song on Akwaboah’s new album, ‘Matters of the heart’
9. Dcryme ft Piesie – Dab: Last two years when I thought Gallaxy’s ‘Dab’ was enough for Ghanaian’s nooor,Dcryme drop ‘Dab’ featuring Piesie. Charlie ebe Streetbeatz produce am.
- Donzy ft Sarkodie & Piesie: Club: 2016 was a good year for Donzy and I still remember how ‘Club’ was in every Club across the country. The song produced by Streetbeatz also earned him some nominations both in Ghana and abroad.
I can go on with the list but let’s save the rest for another day. I also wanted to add that, he did not solely produced these songs. A lot of producers also worked on them but he laid the foundation and played major role in the production process.
Streetbeatz playlist (Soundcloud)